Surely many citizens believe that to enter Spain regardless of country of origin a visa is required; the reality is that it is not always necessary.
The visa requirement varies according to each country of the agreements that the European Union (EU) and member countries of the Schengen area (for more information see the article on the Schengen area: http://www.immigration-lawyers-search.com/legal-today/schengen-area may have with certain countries.
The naturalized citizens in one of the member countries of the Schengen area must apply for entry visa to Spain at the Consulate of Spain in the country of domicile.
Countries that are named below are not members of the European Union, the Schengen area and the European Economic Area, but are required an entry visa for short duration (less than 90 days):
List of third countries whose nationals are NOT required entry visa for short stays in the Member States subject to Regulation (EC) No. 539/2001:
- States: Afghanistan, Angola, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Burma / Myanmar, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Papua N. Guinea, Qatar, Rep. Central African Rep. D. Del Congo, Rep. Dominicana, Russia, Rwanda, Sto. I took Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Syria, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, South Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Thailand, Tanzania, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen , Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Entities and territorial authorities not recognized as States by at least one Member State: Palestine, Kosovo Authority.
Common List of third countries whose nationals are not required a visa by Member States bound by Regulation (EC) No. 539/2001:
- States: Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, A.R.Y.M. (Ant. Rep. Yugoslav Macedonia), Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Colombia, South Korea, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salvador, United Arab Emirates, United States, Granada, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Kiribati, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Nauru, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Solomon (Islands), Samoa, San Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Holy See, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, East Timor, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela.
- Special Administrative Regions of the People's Republic of China: Special Administrative Region HONGKONG (Republic of China) Special Administrative Region and Macao.
- British citizens who do not have the status of nationals of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland North within the meaning of Community law: National British citizens overseas territories, British overseas citizens, British subjects.
- Entities and territorial authorities not recognized as States by at least one Member State: Taiwan.
The fact of not needing visa to enter Spain by nationality of the citizen does not mean that you should not meet certain entry requirements.